Environmental and Toxic Tort
Our lead attorney in this practice area has decades of experience handling all aspects of claims involving toxic exposure, psychiatric drugs, and environmental contamination both in the New York courts and in national and international litigation. This extensive experience was gained through representation of a lead defendant in the "Agent Orange" litigation, beginning in the early 1980's and in other major class actions, multidistrict, mass tort, and insurance coverage litigation.
Our attorneys counsel clients and handle regulatory proceedings and litigation involving a wide range of environmental matters, frequently involving the review and assessment of environmental risks associated with business operations and contaminated properties. Our experience includes:
- Superfund, navigation law, brownfields, asbestos, herbicide, and lead paint matters.
- SEQRA compliance and litigation
- Permit applications and proceedings
- Representation of purchasers, sellers, and lenders in commercial and real estate transactions involving contaminated properties
- Environmental insurance coverage advice and litigation
- Responses to agency environmental citations
- Environmental cost recovery actions
- Development and coordination of operations and management programs for environmental compliance
- General advice on health, safety, and environmental issues.
Our clients include major corporations, financial institutions, health care facilities, municipalities, retailers, individuals, and owners and operators of real estate and commercial and industrial business operations.
Attorneys practicing in environmental and toxic tort
Joseph E. Macy