Berkman Henoch has decades of experience handling claims involving toxic exposure, psychiatric drugs, and environmental contamination both in the New York courts and in national and international litigation. Our head attorney in this practice area represented a lead defendant in the “Agent Orange” litigation in the 1980’s, and in other major class actions, multidistrict, mass tort, and insurance coverage litigation.
We represent a wide range of clients in cases involving:
- Superfund, navigation law, brownfields, asbestos, herbicide, and lead paint matters.
- SEQRA compliance and litigation
- Permit applications and proceedings
- Representation of purchasers, sellers, and lenders in commercial and real estate transactions involving contaminated properties
- Environmental insurance coverage advice and litigation
- Responses to agency environmental citations
- Environmental cost recovery actions
- Development and coordination of operations and management programs for environmental compliance
- General advice on health, safety, and environmental issues.